At each monthly meeting, we begin the session discussing best practices and integrated management for that time of year. We talk about what beginning beekeepers should do for each upcoming month based on an annual, local beekeeping management calendar from February through November. These sessions last 30 minutes: about 15 minutes for upcoming colony activities followed by 15 minutes of questions and answers.
Click here for the calendar of potential topics.
Mentors are available for SVB members. We will try to provide mentors for everyone who wants one.
- New beekeepers who have also taken a thorough beekeeping course (at SVB or elsewhere) will receive priority considering when assigning mentors.
- The golden rule of mentoring is not to expect more of your mentor than you plan to invest yourself into the work of beekeeping.
- Click here to view the draft Mentor Program guidelines.
If you’re interested in either becoming a mentor or having a mentor assigned to you:
- Read the Mentor Program guidelines.
- Then click here to contact Dave Treiber, Mentor Program chairperson.