Colonies should start back-filling as knotweed begins to flow. Target hives for 60+ lbs of stores by the end of month. Feed colonies that need it. Combine weak colonies (less than 6 frames of brood) or create nucs for overwintering.
By end of month:
- Remove honey supers and reduce hive sizes.
- Create top entrances for moisture control.
- Install mouse guards if mice are a problem in your area.
- Store drawn honey frames properly.
- Treat for nosema and tracheal mites if desired.
Nectar Sources: Knotweed, dandelion.
Pollen Sources: dandelion.